Friday, June 22, 2012

Two inspirational quotes from the director Byron Q,

I thought I had it all figured out, while all u cats chase girls and money, I was chasing a dream and achievements. but in the end, it was the same thing, I was defining myself by achievements and my drive towards success, and I kept feeling unfullfilled b/c no matter what I did, there was always others ahead of me, doing more than me, better than me, more talented at filmmaking, got more awards,got more recognition, got distribution deals, no matter how far you go with your career, if you're not in tune with your soul and who you are, you'll never be satisfied, you'll keep wanting more and more. I'm not gonna stop chasing my dreams, or nothin like that, but now it's for different reasons and what I realized is that I can actually go harder and more focused than I was when I was feeling anxiety and stress over not achieving certain things which overall affected my mind and took away my creativity and inspiration. Now i'm at a moment when I am starting to feel the most inspired and fearless in a world full of people trying to drag you down. nobody can stop me now, not even myself.


Success is not defined by how many records you sell or how many people like your movie, it's about how many lives you have affected in a positive way and how deep you go with your relationship with your own soul. Most ppl are not at peace with themselves, and look towards external things for fullfilment, but true happiness and peace and compassion for others can only be reached when you look inside yourself and come to terms with your own demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment